Happy Birthday, IKEA!

The other day my friend Jules from The Bergham Chronicles posted this to my Facebook wall. Immediately I thought we should do better than that and bake an actual cake for IKEA!



I have mentioned IKEA before. We don't buy a lot of actual furniture, but we like to have lunch and to people watch there.



I was lucky enough to grow up when IKEA already had its first store in Switzerland. 

So my cake represents my probably earliest memory at all! 

Introducing...

Ta-daaaa! 

The sliding into the ball pit cake!


Complete with our LEGO man who got a job as a furniture carpenter


And Swedish Shopping @ IKEA Barbie






For the full tutorial and bake fail episodes, please go to the back story!

Here are the links to my friends' posts. I am setting up a linky-tool, too if you want to join later, please link up!





Comments